Re: apropos linking `dselect'

In message <[🔎] m0u0LMU-00000TC@songdog.eskimo.com>, roman@songdog.eskimo.com writes:
>> I'm not sure how the _responsibility_ could rest on anything other
>> than the C++ program, but it's common politeness for the C headers to
>> take care of it.
>I think you'll be hard-pressed to find an ANSI-standard C compiler that
>accepts extern "C" { ... }.  This syntax was added to C++ so that it could
>interface with older languages that don't decorate their identifiers with
>type information.

Most of the header files I've seen have done something like:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

which is entirely likely to work with any ANSI C compiler that is not
so broken as to #define __cplusplus.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."