debian corrupt on Yggdrasil Winter 1996 Internet Archives?

Hi,

I've encountered problems with (what seems to be) a corrupt Debian
distribution on the Yggdrasil Winter 1996 Internet Archives CDROM 6
pack.

Has anyone else found problems with this CDROM?

Some of the bigger .deb packages on their CDROM (gcc, emacs, mh,
groff, etc) seem to be corrupt (dpkg/gzip flags the errors). This
makes the installation fail.

I've compared some of the files on the CDROM with those direct from
0.93R6 on ftp.debian.org today. They are different (although the size
is the same).

Is this due to some flakiness of my CDROM drive, has the archive of
0.93R6 changed at all, or is the CDROM really corrupt?

thanks
--
Brian Gough

bjg@fnal.gov