Re: Exporting NFS systems

  Douglas Bates writes:
  Douglas>  When I initially configured the Debian system on this machine, I
  Douglas> did not intend to export any file systems using NFS.  Now I want
  Douglas> to do so.  Do I have to do any reconfiguration of the netstd
  Douglas> package now?

It's as you wrote: uncomment those three lines in /etc/init.d/netstd_nfs,
restart it by executing  /etc/init.d/netstd_nfs  and don't forget to set
/etc/exports and /etc/hosts.allow on the server.

There is no magic script that does all this for you. The changes will not be
lost because dpkg has the respective files noted as conffiles.

Hope this helps,

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd