GCC 2.70 and dynamic ELF-Libraries

Hello users and developers,

I was not able to convince gcc-elf 2.7.0 (from /project/experimental/elf,
December 1995) to produce _dynamically_ linked ELF binaries.
It always produces statically linked libraries.

I fear I'm having a configuration problem (linker); but I've
tried almost all Link-switches with no success. Hints? Ideas?

David

PS:   I don't want to download >= 4MB gcc+libc+binutils etc. unless
      absolutely necessary.
PPS:  Shared executables run.
--
David Frey <david@eos.lugs.ch>|Microsoft isn't the answer...it's the QUESTION.
Schlieren, Switzerland        |``No'' is the answer.