Re: Newbie needs help

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, RHS Linux User wrote:
> I've installed and used Slackware and Red Hat and I am interesting in
> testing out Debian as well.  I have the Infomagic "Developer's Resource"
> CD set, which purports to have Debian, but I cannot seem to find any
> instructions on how to make the boot/root disks, etc.

The Infomagic CD set had the wrong version of Debian.  You do not want
to install 1.0.  You need 0.93R6 which is available on some other CD's
such as Pacific High Tech's November CDROM.

> I tried to access www.debian.org, but it seemed to be down (?) i.e.
> couldn't even ping it.

I suggest that you wait until you can reach www.debian.org, or find
one of the mirror sites.  There is a draft of an installation manual
available which will help.

Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.