Re: Partitioning Hard Disk

Hi,

> When using Lilo as a loader to load Debian do I require a boot
> disk for Hard Disks over 1024 cylinders or does it still work.

Depends on your BIOS. If you have a fairly recent BIOS on your Motherboard
or EIDE Controller, yo ucan use Lilo with it. A simple solution is to put
the root partition at the (logical) start of the Disk and then the Kernel
itself will be located in th e first 1024 sectors. If you have DOS drivers
to support your large disk, u can also use loadlin to boot the kernel.
Recent SCSI Controllers have an extended BIOS and are able to translate the
Disk geometry.

Greetings
Bernd
--