Re: A question

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996 tomk@westgac3.dragon.com wrote:

> Martin Str|mberg writes:
> [stuff deleted]
>
> > How does the system handle this scenario:
> > Suppose you have / and /usr on different partitions.
> > Before the system mount the usr partition it creates some files under the
> > directory /usr, and then mounts the usr partition on /usr.
>
> It won't mount! I tried this very same thing like this:
> mount: /dev/fd0 already mounted or /floppy is busy

The reason it didn't mount is because you were probably still in the
/floppy directory.  Watch:
RoOt@femto[~]$ umount /cdrom
RoOt@femto[~]$ cd /cdrom/
RoOt@femto[/cdrom]$ touch linguini
RoOt@femto[/cdrom]$ mount /cdrom
mount: /dev/scd0 already mounted or /cdrom busy
RoOt@femto[/cdrom]$ fuser -v /cdrom

                     USER       PID ACCESS COMMAND
/cdrom               root     15679 ..c..  bash
RoOt@femto[/cdrom]$ cd /
RoOt@femto[/]$ mount /cdrom
RoOt@femto[/]$ (success)

Guy