[linux-security] Java security bug (applets can load native methods) (fwd)

It turns out that Java is even less secure than I had feared.
Unsuspecting users can breach their firewalls.  So I thought I'd take
this opportunity to magnify my warning of a week ago:  Don't use
Netscape/Java without setting up a separate unpriveledged account AND
Don't use Netscape/Java within a firewall environment.

Note: I'm NOT a security expert.  I just see the inherent risks of
running code on MY system without MY permission :)

This just came through on the Linux-security list:

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS
cjf@netaxs.com                     |    (Philadelphia Area Computer Society)