Re: Still can't mount CD-ROM

I'm using an ATAPI cdrom.  Here's what I had to do to get it to work:

(1) get a kernel with ATAPI compiled in (I build my own).

(2) make a /dev entry.  In my case, I have a second ide controller for
the cdrom.  From /proc/devices I know that ide0 has major number 3 and
ide1 has major number 22.  So, I have the following entries in /dev

brw-rw----   1 root     disk       3,   0 Dec 31  1969 /dev/hda
brw-rw----   1 root     disk       3,  64 Dec 31  1969 /dev/hdb
brw-rw----   1 root     disk      22,   0 Dec 31  1969 /dev/hdc
brw-rw----   1 root     disk      22,  64 Dec 31  1969 /dev/hdd

[I forget why they have the date zero'd out.]

(3) mount the file system -- I think you've already gotten mail on
this subject.

--
Raul