Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del problem

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Martin Str|mberg wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I seem to have a little problem with Ctrl-Alt-Del. When I'm going to turn off
> my computer I usually press Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot, and when the computer
> reboots I turn it of.
>
> However, if I do Ctrl-Alt-Del (or hold down the keys just a little to long,
> which to me seems to be a very short interval; which is the way I usually get
> hit by this problem) several times quickly, the system won't reboot.

I have also seen this.  I don't know what causes it, but when it happens,
any further Ctrl-Alt-Del presses produces a message like "no more
processes to kill".  The reset button is the only way to solve this.

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      segre@charlie.acc.iit.edu                      *