Re: Can metamail be disabled in elm?

Bruce Perens writes:

> You really can't make it configure itself at run-time?

Easily?  No.  The problem is that if
a) it detects metamail when building, it will compile in support.
Then on mime mail, it will call metamail with no fallback if command not
found.
or b) if no metamail found at config, mime mail is ignored.

I don't like b.  Obviously.

I might be able to get it to "fallback" in the case of a), but I
don't know.  The last time I hacked at the source I recall thinking that
I'd never do it again. ;)  I've written some nasties, but...

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert