Re: help

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Leszek Gerwatowski wrote:

> I've tried to upgrade to gcc-2.7.2-5 , i've made all the things described
> above without problems. But my gcc has problems with compilation - there
> is no stdio.h and many other important .h files! they aren't in
> /usr/include directory!!!! I've found directory
> /usr/i486-linuxaout/include with many of these files and i've made link
> from /usr/include to /usr/i486-linuxaout/include but then when i try to
> compile something i have error from ld:
>
> ld: cannot load crt1.o : no such file or directory.

Looks like you haven't installed the libc5-dev package. This contains the
include files that you are looking for (n.b. /usr/include _shouldn't_ be
a symlink - remove this symlink before installing libc5-dev) and crt1.o

There appears to be a problem with the gcc-2.7.2-5 dependencies; you
shouldn't have been able to install it without installing libc5-dev first.
I'll report this bug.

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk