Re: Redhat versus debian

On Sun, 18 Feb 1996, ' ALLAN W. BART wrote:

> I have spent four hours online looking at the Linux world today, I must
> say that it is quite impressive for such a new operating system. So it
> looks like the choice is beteen debian and redhat, the latter has cd roms
> available, but no group like this. I would like to hear opinions on redhat

I've run redhat before (but not debian yet, downloading it tonight), so I
guess I have an opinion about this. :)

The reason I'm switching is the package dependencies I read about in the
Linux journal.  redhat doesn't have these.

Also, it seems like I saw one announcement a week about security holes in
redhat for the last two months.  (Most of them were in game packages that
most multiuser machines won't have, i.e. abuse, but still...)

Douglas L. Stewart                               System Administrator
                        douglas@netdoor.com
                  http://www2.netdoor.com/~douglas