Packages

I'm new on this list so my question is very simple (and maybe stupid).But ...
Where can i find any packages (except normal distribution packages) in
.deb format? As i understand any package installed on Debian should be in
this format - in other case system database of installed packages will be
unupdated so i will have no chance to deinstall and manage package this
same way as i do with normal distribiution packages (with dpkg or
dselect). Maybe there is same way of preparing .deb package from normal
one in usual .tgz format??

Thanks in advance!

Leszek Gerwatowski

* lg@peryt.waw.pl         | bigl@alpha.im.pw.edu.pl           *
* PERYT                   | Warsaw University of Technology   *
* IBM Business Partner    | Institute of Mathematics          *
* Stepinska 5             | Pl. Politechniki 1                *
* 00-739 Warsaw           | 00-661 Warsaw                     *
* Poland                  | Poland                            *