pppd

I've installed Debian 0.93R6, but I'm having problems w/pppd. The kernel
has both SLIP and PPP compiled into it. But when using the pppd that came
w/the distribution (PHT's Nov. Linux Monthly CD), I get the message
Sorry - PPP driver version 0.0.0 is out of date
Installing the binary for ppp-2.2.0e, it tells me it wants
libc.so.5
I've also had problems compiling ppp-2.2.0e. Grrrr, I'd like to start
using ppp. I also installed diald, might this be a problem? Also, any
help on starting diald, I configured it as best I could, does it just
start up whenever the network is called, like starting ftp?
Thanks.

	Run.exe
"Have you ever noticed that we pay much more attention to a wise passage
when it is quoted than when read read it in the original author?"
    -Philip G. Hamerton
runexe@ntplx.net | http://www.ntplx.net/~runexe | Finger me for PGP Key