Re: Partition inconsistency

---------  Received message begins Here  ---------

> From <@mongo.pixar.com:debian-user-request@Pixar.com> Mon Feb 12 01:47 EST 1996
> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 01:28:54 -0500 (EST)
> From: br00031@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu
> To: linux debian <debian-user@Pixar.com>
> Subject: Partition inconsistency
>
> I had a extra 15 meg linux partion on my drive. (an error when
> installing)  It was completely useless.  Tonight I got rid of it.
> Using fdisk I deleted that partion and my real linux partion.  I knew
> there was risk in this, but nothing ventured ....  Then I made a new
> partion with all the available space.  It seems to have worked out fine
> except for one thing. The command df still shows the old space for the
> drive, but fdisk shows the new larger amount.   Is there away to inform my
> entire system about the change that I made?  I would like to be able to
> use that extra space.  Thanks in advance

You didn't say that you did a mkfs (mk2efs?) on the newly formed partition.
You need to do that.  I hope you have backed up the data on that partition
too, 'cause you will have to reload it after the mkfs.

Jim.

Jim Lynch, Sales Analyst,  Cray Research, Inc. / ARS: K4GVO
Southeast District, Phone: (770) 631-2254, Email: jwl@cray.com
Suite 270, 200 Westpark Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269