Re: More questions on smail configuration for SMTP/PPP

Michael Scott Orr writes:

> I want all outgoing mail to be addressed as From:  vielo@wolfenet.com and
> originates from. I have smail's visible_name variable set to
> "wolfenet.com", but how do I tell smail what my login over there is?

What I did for my parents is to set up smail to pull out the 'From'
header and put in a correct one.  You could also stick in a reply-to the
same way, although with a correct from field, an equivalent reply-to is extra.

If it's not clear how to do this from the documentation (it's mentioned
in the transports part of man 5 smail), email me directly, and I'll try to
get you the relavent lines.

--
Carl Streeter                     |  "I'll forgive even GNU emacs as long
streeter@cae.wisc.edu             |     as gcc is available" --Linus Torvalds