Re: pppd problem -- modem *not* disconnecting when connection lost.

M> something like that).  I see that you are using the &D2, but not
M> &C1 (unless the modem already defaults to that).

I believe I was using &C1 before I pared my options down to the bare
minimum that others had recommended.  I'll check and see.

M> from your end, this will force the modem control lines to be
M> dropped and hang up.

OK, I had had no trouble with that though.  The problem is that the
pppd process is not detecting that the modem has lost it's connection.
I suspect that that's because the modem is not properly reporting it.

M> I'll double check these modem commands when I get home tonight.

Great, thanks.

--
Rob