Re: regarding a message ....

Daniel Stringfield writes:

> A week or two ago, I wrote about an error that I got while compiling.
> Well.. I fixed it.
> This was with kernel-source 2.0.27
> The error was on line 267 of scripts/mkdep.c
> It read:
> path_array[0].buffer[len] = '\0';(patth_array[0].len = len;
>
> And I changed it to:
> path_array[0].buffer[len] = '\0';(path_array[0].len = len);
>
> and now it compiles.
[snip]

I looked in the very same file and found that it was already fixed. I think
this example above proves the danger of incremental upgrades vs. wholesale
"distribution" upgrades. I guess someone has to do incremental upgrades to
find these "quirks" so that they can be fixed for the distribution. Glad that
you found it, Daniel.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.2 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK