my problems with booting

I was able to solve my problem with booting, concerning my machine named
"spacewalker".

It was because WatchDogTimer was enabled.  It was configuring itself to
use io=240,irq=14.  I have no watchdog hardware board installed on this
computer.

Once I compiled with WDT support, everything works ok... and the new
kernel is nice and fast, and just what my box needs. :)  no extra fluff.

I'm still puzzled about the network connection problem, (diald runs my
connection) which is:  local ethernet only accessible if I am connected
to Internet via PPP.

I was also wondering if I could one could run diald on a machine that is
also a IP MASQ'ing firewall, so that diald would dial out if a machine on
ethernet wants to get on the Internet...

TIA
--
                              Daniel Stringfield
         mailto:servo@southeast.net http://users.southeast.net/~servo