Re: quake

> I've had some weird things happen in quake under X.

Well, I'm the quake maintainer, so maybe I can help.

> 1. Keys are sticking.  No, its not my keyboard.  Fire button stays on
> alot, and you must hit fire again to make it stop..

Could this be a conflict of some kind with your window manager?
What key do you have bound to fire? The default is <ctrl>, and it works
fine under fvwm.

> 2. head movement.  many times it will let me "look up" but not back down
> again.

Are you using the mouse in xf86quake and have this problem? Or are you
experiencing this problem in regular xquake?

> 3. Sideways - It will force me to only be able to move right, (or forward
> and backwards work) but not left.
>
> All these problems seems to be related with the keys.

I do wonder if this is a problem with your window manager. Other than
that, I can't guess. Try a different window manager (fvwm2 seems ok for
quake) and let's see if the problems go away.

> 4. Display pops down when I'm hit.  quake iconizes whenever I get hit.

So are you saying if someone shoots at you, the quake window turns into an
icon?

--
                      "He. He. He." - - Herman Toothrot