installing Debian-1.2

Hi,

Pardon me if this has been dealt with already but I am having
difficulties installing Debian-1.2 on my other hard disk.

Basically, my machine hangs when reading either the resq1440.bin
or the new-resq1440.bin disk.  In the former case, my machine
hangs at the line (I think)

	$Id ... "something" ... david expo$ _

while the latter (new-resq1440.bin) it is at

	eata_pic ... "something" ... Skipping scan for PCI HBAs... o

In case this tells something, the prompt here is in a new line
whereas earlier (resq1440.bin) it is at the underscore after
the $ sign.

Is there a way out of all these?  Somehow, I felt that the boot
disk is trying to check for too many things on my system ... a
simple 486x66 (Intel) with only 2 IDE hard disks, a 1.44M floppy
drive, and an SMC Ultra (VLB) card.  I have neither a CD Rom nor
a sound card.

Silly me, but is it possible to create a rescue disk myself to
do the installation?  I do have a Debian-1.1x (unstable tree)
running beautifully on my other hard disk ... I had no problem
using the booting disk when installing it.  In fact, it was so
easy that I drop the idea of upgrading my Redhat 3.0.3 to Redhat
4.0 then.

In case you want to suggest this, I did write the images to
different floppies ... 2 times for each rescue disk.  However,
my machine hanged at the same place(s) everytime.  Also, I feel
better to upgrade the debian on my other hard disk only when I
have a working Linux system running on this hard disk.

By the way, does anybody know if there is still an ftp site
carrying the Debian-1.1x tree?  I might just install this and
then upgrade to 1.2 later.  I do feel a little insecure with
only one Debian system running on an older hard disk.  :)

Thank you for your time (reading this long message) and your
inputs!  Happy New Year!

HenSiong