Debian and Windows95

Greetings,

Currently, I am running primarily Debian Linux (unstable), but I have a
160MB bootable MS-DOS partition that I am using for one or two MS-DOS
programs that don't have Linux counterparts (such as AutoCad).

My DOS setup does have some problems, however.  Because I've paid much more
attention to the Linux-side of my system, I haven't upgraded the DOS
side when I got new hardware.  MS-DOS can't talk to my SCSI CD-ROM
drive, nor my sound card, nor my SCSI ZIP drive, etc.

I was thinking of upgrading my MS-DOS setup to a Windows95 setup, but I
have some concerns.  To me, maintaining the working Linux setup is
-most- important.  If I can't do that, then I will forgo Win95.

All of the Linux+Win95 documentation I have talks about adding Linux to
a working Win95 setup.  I'm interested in doing the reverse.  I have
heard that Win95 likes to play around with the MBR and partition tables
to make sure that it is the only or primary OS on the system.  How can I
make certain that I don't lose anything critical when installing it?

Has anyone else done this?  What can I expect?

--
     Buddha Buck                      bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our