Kernel Package

I just used make-kpkg to create a custom kernel.
Anything, I didn't need I didn't include support for in the kernel
and I didn't choose to make anything as a module.
The program created the kernel-image package with no problems,
however, I noticed that it still keeps the same, modules file
in /etc..... I simply commented out everything and the reboot went
fine and I've definitly noticed a big speed improvement with the
new kernel, but I think as part of the install, a person should
be asked if they want to disable all old modules and/or resetup
modules for the new kernel.

Just my 2 cents.