Re: A.out binaries in debian 1.2 ??? nah....

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95.961223204643.11369A-100000@yardbird.mat.jhu.edu>,
James Martino  <jrm@yardbird.mat.jhu.edu> wrote:
>On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:
>> I suspect any packages with a.outs in them are orphaned packages.
>> Of course 1.2 is meant to be ELF-only.
>
>Oh dear - uucp an orphaned package! What is the (*n*x) world coming to?
>If it really is orphaned, I might like to adopt it.

I guess you could take it. However I've just uploaded an all ELF uucp package
in the new source format into "unstable" for the same reason - I couldn't
reach the old maintainer anymore. It should be on your
mirror by now. I don't think UUCP needs much maintenance - there hasn't
been a new upstream version for over a year so I consider it mature.
So I don't think it really needs a new maintainer. But please check
it out and let me know what you think.

Mike.
--
|  Miquel van Smoorenburg    | "Sticky tape is like the Force - it has a   |
| miquels@drinkel.cistron.nl |  dark side, it has a light side, and it     |