just starting

I am a rank beginner and I know this question will display ignorance
(perhaps terminal) but ---

I downloaded the installation instuctions from debian.org and started to
download resq1440.bin to my 1.44 floppy.  The download went quickly but I
then got a message saying the file doesn't fit on the floppy.  It is a 1.44
mb drive and the disk is a standard pre-formatted MF2HD for IBM
compatibles.  The debian.org directory indicates a 1,474,560 kb file size
and my WIN95 file explorer says the floppy has 1.38 kb available.  Doesn't
sound like it ever had a chance of working.  Am I missing something?  Can I
use the 1.2 kb series download files?  Seems like that could cause floppy
driver problems during installation.  Should I forget the whole program and
stay fat, dumb and happy in WIN95?

Thanks, (gifford@maui.com)