Re: network route disappearing: http calls = culprit?

Well, the bizarre ordeal of the disappearing network route appears to
be over.  It appears the problem has been found...in hardware.  Call
it a particularly ugly case of the "cheap NE2000 clone problem."
Three identical brand new cards failed at semi-random times, but a
fourth one, of a different manufacturer, has not produced this
behavior after about 36 hours of testing.

And to celebrate my newfound success with debian networking, I've
thrown my hat into the debian logo ring.  Please check out:

	http://ece.wpi.edu/~rulnick/GlinuX/debian-logo.html

Thanks for the help, all (especially Lindsay and Ami)!

John