Install Debian 1.2 over Redhat 3.03 without losing data?

I would like to be able to install Debian over my Rehdat 3.03 without
losing data files (all my faqs, msgs from the net, and so on)

Is this possible? Please point me in the right direction of what to read.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Joe Hartmann    Tel: (603) 863 6073
K2AJV           email: joeh@sugar-river.net
                home-page: http://www.sugar-river.net/~joeh
First Student at the:

      Linux Academy in the Sunshine Town of Newport, NH

Happy GPL and all that!
------------- I grant this to the public domain -------------