Cosole Beep

  Okay, I realize that this is not neccessarily a Debian problem, but
since I am using Debian, I figured I'd ask this here anyway. <g>

  Is there any way, short of physically disabling it, of turning off the
annoying beep on the Linux console ?  I get tired of having it beep at me
whenever I try for filename completions or hit backspace one too many
times or some such.  Is there a configuration change that will do this or
does the kernal need to be patched ?

|                                      |  The more clocks you have ... |
| vithar@connect.ab.ca                 |  .....  the less sure you are |
| http://www.connect.ab.ca/~vithar     |  of what time it is !         |