Re: Quick UUCP Question..

Adam Shand writes:

> Hi.
>
> A quick question I hope.  We are moving our main server to debian in the
> next few days.  At the same time I hope to move from UUCP hdb configs to
> taylor configs.  I found the utility uuconv which got me started and I
> think that I have that sorted out.  My question is, if I have gotten
> something wrong when I swap servers, can I revert to the old hdb config
> files on the debian box in /etc/uucp or can I only put taylor configs in
> there?

My experiences with UUCP are "don't mix Taylor config files with HDB config
files". UUCICO gets confused if both type of configurations exist on the same
machine. Other than that, yes, you should be able to swap back either
configuration into /etc/uucp (think of "exclusive-OR" )

--
-= Sent by Debian Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK