Re: please help g77 broken

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Martin Konold wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Alex Lobkovsky wrote:
>
> > Thanks a bunch this worked.  Should this be reproted as a bug?
>
> I do not think that this is a bugfix but it is work around. The problem is
> that gcc and g77 are maintained by different people.
> This leads to these probnlems when you do update gcc but the new version
> of g77 is not ready. This is what happend to you.
>
> Yours,
> -- martin
>
> // Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
> // Email: konold@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de              //
>        Linux - because reboots are for hardware upgrades
>        -- Edwin Huffstutler <ehuff@sedona.intel.com> --

These two packages are part of Debian 1.2. Therefore it's a bug not
having a ready g77 package and should be reported as a bug. I did not
say it was a bug fix. I just said what worked for me.

Ramos.

--------
     J. RAMOS Goncalves | E-mail: J.R.Goncalves@reading.ac.uk
     Department of Physics - University of Reading - England - U.K.