problems with innd

Hi,

I'm using Debian 1.1, with the supplied innd package.

I'm having problems posting articles, getting the message

Can't send article to the server:
        441 400 File exists writing symlinking article file -- throttling
(Article not posted.)

According to the INN-FAQ, Linux must not use MMAP for innd; supposedly
that's the cause of the problem.

Is that true? I assumed that the debian-distributed innd would work fine
out of the box... What is the problem with mmap? How do I fix this
problem?

Please help...

Thanks!
Ricardo