Re: moving directories to new partition

Hi Richard, You wrote:
 Richard>
 Richard> I am in need of some advice about how to go about moving
 Richard> some of the directories off of my main partition and onto
 Richard> one I just made.
 Richard>
 Richard> /dev/hda4 is currently mounted / 8 is currently mounted
 Richard> /dev/hda/tmpmount
 Richard>
 Richard> I'd like to be able to move /home, /root, /lib, /bin, and a
 Richard> couple others over to /dev/hda8
 Richard>
 Richard> How would I approach this?

I am not sure why would you want to move lib and bin to other
partition (the system will not work!!! /bin and /lib HAVE to be at / )

As to /home and /root you can use 'cp -a' and remove them by hand.
Or you can just use 'mv' but there may be some problems with links.

borik

--
Boris D. Beletsky borik@isracom.co.il
For pgp public key, e-mail me