Re: color-ls??

Hugo HAAS <hugo@via.ecp.fr> writes:

> On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Chris R. Martin wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to find the color-ls package. Has it been replaced by
> > something else?
>
> ls includes now the option color :
>
>        --color, --colour, --color=always, --colour=always
>               Colorize the names of files depending on  the  type
>               of file.  See DISPLAY COLORIZATION below.
>
>        --color=auto, --colour=auto
>               Same  as  --color  but only if standard output is a
>               terminal.  This is very useful  for  shell  scripts
>               and  command  aliases,  especially if your favorite
>               pager does not support color control codes.
>
>        --color=none, --colour=none
>               Disables colorization.  This is the default.   Pro­
>               vided to override a previous color option.

I was able to figure this out fine - how do I get "xterm" (from X3.2)
to display the colors, though?  I tried all of the options ("+cm +dc")
that I would have thought enabled them, but they don't seem to work.
So then I thought maybe I'd switch to "rxvt", but in "rxvt" the
backsapce key doesn't work right.  (I'm mapping backspace and delete
to backspace in my xmodmap.)  How do these things get so complex :-)

Later,
	Dale

--
| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |