Debian 1.1 (1-Jul-96) networking problem

Hello folks...I've got a CD-ROM from IConnect, made ~ the first of July.
It seems to install just fine, but when it reboots, the network doesn't
start up.  I've got a NE2000 card, and I think that I configured
everything okay...it works fine when I install from my old .93r6 cd, for
instance.  During bootup, it reads off a bunch of messages ( SIG* failed:
device does not exist, that sort of thing...I'll get the exact errors if
anyone asks.)  Does anyone know what's going on here?  I had the exact
same problem when I first got the CD and tried to install it on another
machine, with an HP lancard, so I'm thinking that it's probably a problem
with the distribution.  I've installed the updated netbase.deb from
buzz-fixed, but the problem persists.  Argh, I don't want to have to run
.93r6!!!  Thanks in  advance for any help..

---
Allan Anderson -- cerebus@megamed.com

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.