Re: "send" only sendmail/smail

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> How do I disable smail/sendmail, either during or after installation, so
> that it can only be used to send mail to the mail server, and will not try
> to retrieve mail as well?

Neither program RETRIEVES mail.  They only accept mail that is directly
sent to it (at port 25).

You'll probably want to install smail; I believe it's smaller, and
definitely has fewer security problems.

   |   This is OFFICIAL WRITTEN notification that I want to be REMOVED   |
   |   from ALL commercial mailing lists.  EVERY message sent from this  |
   | account has had this request posted. ALL UNSOLICITED ADVERTISEMENTS |
   |     SENT TO THIS ACCOUNT ARE IN VIOLATION OF FEDERAL (U.S.) LAW.    |