Re: Rex install report

    BP> From: Chow Chi-Ming <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>
    >> When I am offered to install additional drivers (modules), how
    >> may I find out what options does a module take and its syntaxes?
    >> This information would make the loading of modules A LOT easier.
    >> In particular does anyone know how to specify base address and
    >> irq of the 3c509

    BP> I think all 3c509s come up at the _same_ base address and the
    BP> driver then moves them elsewhere. This is their years-old
    BP> prototype for plug-and-play.  I think the base address is 0x300,
    BP> but I think you don't have to specify it.

	The 3c509 driver in the kernel probes from 0x100 to 0x200 in
increments of 0x10 to find the eeprom of the card.  It then interogates
the eeprom for the current settings.  I assume there is a program
supplied by 3COM to change the settings, but I got mine from OK State so
I don't know.

				Mike

--
\|/ ____ \|/  Zaphod Beeblebrox in '96!!