Re: ulimit problem

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996 00:36:14 +0800 Tan Wee Yeh (wire@hon109.iscs.nus.s
g) wrote:

> At least I understand how the prior case has only local
> effect and that the user is limited by the hard limts.
>
> Now... is there anyway to raise the hard limit globally.

Normally, limits are not set (ie they're set as the maximum
available). If the limits are lower than normal:
1) either you have lshell installed, and there's a configuration file
in etc which tells you which are the limits,
2) or one of the profile scripts (/etc/profile ~/.profile or
/etc/csh.*) lowers the limit before the shell actually starts.

Check these.

Phil.