Re: please use V

'Tom Julien wrote:'

>IMHO, a license like Qt's is long overdue.  It makes a fine
>commercial product available to both X11 and Win32, yet it
>provides a great mechanism to promote freeware/open standards
>like Unix/X11 *over* propriety ones.  Troll's reasoning for
>not allowing modified versions may not include this rationale,
>but I am certainly tickled pink to see it for this very reason.

Have you looked at the Aladdin Ghostscript Free Public License?  Peter
Deutsch has thought a lot about these issues.  Why did the Qt people
not use his approach?

[Removed debian-devel from the Cc: list as this is beyond Debian
policy.]

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com, cjf@onit.net       |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS