Re: shadow password

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Fundamental wrote:

> I recently intsalled the shadow password packages to my system, everything
> seems to be going well accept for one minor hassle, my "normal" account cant
> become super-user.  When i try i get the message that i do not have
> permission to do so.  How do i get the permission?

you have to be in group root

file group:

root:x:0:root,"your loginname"

> thanks:)
>
> Sahua,
>
> - mIcHaEl

                                               ciao Helmuth (irc: Pvppet)

 ______    Blasch Helmuth,    Graz University of Technology, Austria
 \    /           Computing and Information Services Center
 L\in/uX   Steyrergasse 30/Parterre (CE04), 8010 Graz, Austria
   \/      Email: blasch@zid.tu-graz.ac.at  Tel.: + 43 316 873 6883 (FAX 7699)