Re: Please do not use Qt (fwd)

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Jonas Bofjall wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, William Burrow wrote:
>
> > While the Qt authors may have different concerns than Knuth does over
> > TeX, the idea may be the same:  modified versions may reflect badly on
> > Troll Tech.
>
> This is not the whole story, since it is only their X version that is free
> for non-commercial use. Porting your free app to, say, MSwin just isn't
> possible, and porting is the whole point of using GUI libraries.

No the point is that Qt will be used to make the Unix Desktop
Environement.
There is no goal so far to port the kde to none unix environments.
Portability is not the issue, but nice look&feel for the unix desktop
users.

Most kde people do not care about Winblows.

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de              //
       Linux - because reboots are for hardware upgrades
       -- Edwin Huffstutler <ehuff@sedona.intel.com> --

   Just go ahead and write your own multitasking multiuser os !
                 Worked for me all the times.
                     -- Linus Torvalds --