Re: PPP

> 	Are there any programs available for linux that allow you to
> logon to a normal telnet getty and then start up a PPP connection from
> the command line?  I have a dialup connection to the whole network, but
> the PPP lines for this school are monstrously overcrowded.

I'm not aware of such a tool for PPP, but there is one for SLIP:
SLiRP. Basically, you dial in, make a terminal connection, preferably
make that connection 8-bit clean, and start a daemon on the remote
system.

Check out /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/Dip+SLiRP+CSLIP.gz (doc-linux package).

Hope this helps,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would