Emacs and tcsh

I use the following in my .cshrc:

    stty  -icrnl -onlcr -echo susp ^Z

which I believe fixes the problem of ^M.

However, you may also want to use terminal mode rather than shell
mode. If you say:

	M-x term

you get a "real" terminal. If you type TAB, you get filename
completion from the tcsh, and the terminal is in fact advanced enough
to run for instance `less' in the buffer.

It is not perfect, but it works well enough for me that I hardly use
xterms any more. Only hassle is that you have to find out how to
install the terminal definition.

Christian Lynbech          | Computer Science Department, University of Aarhus
Office: R0.32              | Ny Munkegade, Building 540, DK-8000 Aarhus C
Phone: +45 8942 3218       | lynbech@daimi.aau.dk -- www.daimi.aau.dk/~lynbech