Re: Got unusable memory address 0x400cd008 (and libtermcap)

> From: "Jouni.Ryno@fmi.fi" <ryno@katiska.fmi.fi>
> > Would there be in simple reason, why the binary works in RedHat, but not
> > in Debian?
>
> If you have upgraded libc to 5.4.7, try this:
>
> 	LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libgnumalloc.so.5
> 	export LD_PRELOAD
>
> or if you use csh or tcsh:
>
> 	setenv LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/libgnumalloc.so.5
>
> If that fixes the problem, there's a malloc bug in the program and the
> new allocator we're using makes the bug show up instead of being silent.
>
> 	Bruce
> --
Thank you. That makes the program work(?). I have informed the programmers of
the origical source.
Apparently our single RedHat user does not update his system as often as I
update our >10 Debian systems.

  Jouni Rynö                     	Tel. (+358)-9-19294656
  Finnish Meteorological Institute      TLX 124436 EFKL FI
  Geophysical Research                  TFAX (+358)-9-19294603
  P.O.BOX 503                           Internet: Jouni.Ryno@fmi.fi
  FIN-00101 Helsinki                    X-400: /G=Jouni/S=Ryno
  Finland                                      /O=il/P=il/A=mailnet/C=fi/

  WWW: http://www.geo.fmi.fi/           WWW: http://www.geo.fmi.fi/~ryno/

  "It's just zeros and ones, it cannot be hard"