Re: g77 failure

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Martin Konold wrote:

> > I have now installed:
> > gcc_2.7.2.1-2.deb
> > g77_0.5.18-2.deb
>
> > gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `f771': No such file or
directory

As I understand it, f77 wants gcc 2.7.2 and not gcc 2.7.2.1

I don't know the "correct" solution, but I just made a couple of
links.  And failed to keep a record of what I did.  I think it was this;

cd /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux
ln /2.7.2/f771 2.7.2.1/f771

and it looks like I did the same for libf2c.a and possibly the "include"
subdirectory.  Probably not the right way, but it works for me.

I should have made soft links.  Since I did hard links, I can't even tell
whether I made the link from 2.7.2 to 2.7.2.1 or vice versa.