dselect ftp method broken

>From dselect, when I select

 0. [A]ccess      Choose the access method to use.

and then

  ftp            Install using ftp.

I get the following errors:

syntax error at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/setup line 112, near "print"
Execution of /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/setup aborted due to compilation errors.

query/setup script returned error exit status 2.
Press RETURN to continue.

I'm tracking rex, contrib, and non-free from ftp.debian.org, and
because of this problem I can't change that.

ii  dpkg            1.4.0.3        Package maintenance system for Debian Linux
ii  dpkg-ftp        1.4.6          Ftp method for dselect.

--
mbartley@lear35.cytex.com                                  Matt Bartley
                                                           N6YWI