Re: does libc5.4.7 compatible with netscape 3.0

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Carlos Carvalho wrote:

> I agree it should be on rex, but just recompiling doesn't work. As I
> already said here, I compiled wdiff with gcc 2.7.2.1 and it still
> segfaults.
>
> Carlos

But, is all of your other programs (like binutils, fileutils) recompiled?

I had a problem with 'ps' segfaulting when I went to 5.4.4, but it went
away when I recompiled EVERY THING against the 5.4.4... and that is why I
believe that my system runs "as well" as it does now, with these changes
everyone is attempting.  Its a PIA, and a waste of time .. :)  But in the
end.. everything works!

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
        mailto:servo@jax-inter.net http://www.jax-inter.net/user/servo