libc 5.4.7 -> libc 6.0?

Since libc 5.4.7 seems to be incompatible with so much current software, maybe
it should be renamed libc 6.0.  That would make it easier to keep around a
copy of libc 5.2.18 for backwards compatibility, as is now being done for libc
4.  Whether or not there it was intended that there be much new functionality
in 5.4.7, it's clearly not acceptable as a drop-in replacement for 5.2.18.

-Randy
--
http://cogsci.ucsd.edu/~gobbel/

NOTICE: I DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL MESSAGES OF ANY KIND.  I
CONSIDER SUCH MESSAGES PERSONAL HARRASSMENT AND A GROSS INVASION OF MY
PRIVACY.  By sending unsolicited commercial advertising/solicitations (or
indicating your consent to paying John R. (Randy) Gobbel $1,000.00 U.S.D./hour
for a minimum of 1 hour for my time spent dealing with it. Payment due in 30
days upon receipt of an invoice (e-mail or regular mail) from me or my
authorized representative.