Re: packages install

If the packages that should be installed first are the ones that have their
'Priority' control field set to 'required' then you can find them all with my
package finder tool. I guess dselect also selects them all.

The finders current location (subject to change) is
http://house.cs.tut.fi/~hessu/debian/ . Search for string 'required' and
select only the 'Priority' pushbutton. When you submit the query you will get
a listing of all the required packages.

The 'Priority' button is also a link to a small extract from the Debian Policy
Manual that explains what are the values that 'Priority' can have.

>   Is there any document on which package should be installed first?
>   I just got a development CD from I-connect and I seemed to have
>   a hard time to install the packages from the CDROM.  There seemed to
>   be packages to have conflict with each other.

// Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * http://www.cs.tut.fi/~hessu/