Using CDROM on 3. IDE-controller (adress 0x1e8 int 11)

It is more than a year since i last used linux, and i'm now trying
to install debian 1.1.10 (from iConnect).

But i can't quit figure out how to use my cdrom on the 3. IDE-controller
(adress 0x1e8 int 11).

A few years ago i used a patch which allowed an IDE-controller on a nonstandard
address (I changed a std.ctrl adress with knife and soldering :)

So the Q: Is there an easyer way than tampering with the sourcecode again ?

Anders.Majland@pobox.com